Joining the roster is the latest Korean drama, Green Mothers’ Club. The Ra Ha Na directed drama marks actress Lee Yo Won’s Netflix debut. Crash Landing on You and Parasite actress Jang Hye Jin will also star in the drama. The Shin Yi Won penned drama will air on jTBC first before dropping on Netflix.
The 16 part series has an approximate runtime of 60 minutes. Two episodes will air every Wednesday and Thursday, finally concluding on May 26th. Green Mothers’ Club premiere garnered a decent amount of viewership. According to Nielsen Korea, it amassed a total rating of 2.519 percent in Korea. The ensemble drama comes right on the heels of another slice of life drama, Thirty-Nine.
What is the plot of Green Mothers’ Club?
The premise may remind you of Desperate Housewives and even Big Little Lies but with a KDrama twist. And if you are an avid Korean Drama fan, you will immediately think of Sky Castle and Black Dog. The school setting and the toxic relationship between the neighborhood parents are similar.
Green Mothers’ Club is about a group of mothers who are all part of a parents association in the local elementary school. The drama chronicles the relationship between the mothers, their jealousies, and betrayals.
Meet the cast of Green Mothers’ Club
- Lee Yo Won as Lee Run Pyo (Avenger’s Social Club, Empire of Gold, Different Dreams, The Running Mates: Human Rights, Horse Doctor)
- Choo Ja Hyun as Hyun Chun Hee (My Unfamiliar Family, Sharp, Portrait of a Beauty, Beautiful World, Sharp, Bloody Tie)
- Kim Gyu Ri as Seo Jin Ha (The King’s Face, Cunning Single Lady, Loveholic)
- Jang Hye Jin as Kim Young-Mi (More Than A Family, The Red Sleeve, Crash Landing on You, Parasite)
- Koi Min Kyung as Park Yoon Joo (Boombam, Soul Mechanic, Something in the Rain, Jirisan)
Although it is too early to tell, it may win over Netflix subscribers and join the crop of Korean dramas that have been immensely popular on Netflix. Notably, Business Proposal and Twenty-Five, Twenty-One. The former enjoyed 3 consecutive weeks on the Netflix top 10 charts for Non-English Shows. If you are missing Business Proposal, we think we have a few recommendations for you to sink your teeth into.