As we almost finish 2021’s first quarter, but Netflix still got its hands full and adding fresh content to its library as always. So let’s take an early look at what is ahead of us in May on Netflix Canada.
Before we start, remind us that this preview may also change during April as well. So it’s not a complete lineup list yet for what will come to Netflix Canada in May as the streaming platform might add or change any detail about the shows which is also familiar to us. The streaming giant doesn’t seem to stop producing well-crafted stories along with presenting already known and beloved ones as well, which are taking us into whole different worlds during watching and gives us thrill in so many ways. So let’s see what movies and series will be released in May on Netflix Canada together.
Coming Soon to Netflix Canada in May
- Poseidon (2006) – The third film adaptation of Paul Gallico’s 1969 novel The Poseidon Adventure, and a loose remake of the 1972 film of the same name.
- Forbidden Kingdom (2008) – Based on the 16th-century novel Journey to the West, it’s a martial heroes movie starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li.
- Total Drama Multiple Seasons – Animated comedy television series as an homage to and satire of common conventions from reality television.
- Trash Truck Season 2 (Netflix Original) – American computer-animated series for kids. It follows six-year-old Hank and his best pal, a giant trash truck, as they explore the world around them on fantastical adventures with their animal friends.
- Selena: The Series Season 2 (Netflix Original) – The second part of the Selena biopic series arrives on Netflix earlier than originally scheduled.
- The Circle Season 2 (Netflix Original) – The final season of the American reality competition series as a game based around social media, with the concept that “anyone can be anyone in The Circle.”
- Upin&Ipin Season 11 – Children animated series following the life and adventures of the eponymous twin brothers in a fictional Malaysia.
- The Sons of Sam: A Descent into Darkness (Netflix Original) – Limited crime documentary series that follows a journalist who became convinced that the murders were linked to a satanic cult.
- Brightburn (2019) – Superhero horror film following a young boy of extraterrestrial origin reared on Earth as he realizes he has superpowers.
- And Tomorrow the Entire World (2020, Netflix Original) – German-French political drama film which follows a 20-year-old law student as she joins an anti-fascist group and the violent events after that.
- Monster (2021, Netflix Original) – A crime drama movie about a smart and charming 17-year-old film student who is about to see his own life turned upside down when he’s charged with murder.
- Milestone (2021, Netflix Original) – Indian drama movie following a newly bereaved trucker as he faces the threat of losing the job that has come to define him to a new intern.
- Jupiter’s Legacy Season 1 (Netflix Original) – American superhero series created by Steven S. DeKnight, based on the comic book series by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely. It follows the story of the world’s first superheroes as they’re the revered elder guard but their superpowered children struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents.
- Super Me (2019, Netflix Original) – Chinese fantasy drama following Sang Yu who is so exhausted from trying to stay awake because every time he closes his eyes, a demon chases and kills him in his dreams.
- Shaft (2019) – The fifth film of the action-comedy series and a direct sequel to the 2000 film with the same title. It’s about a cybersecurity expert with a degree from MIT who enlists his family’s help to uncover his best friend’s death.
- The Upshaws Season 1 (Netflix Original) – New sitcom that centers on a working-class African American family in Indiana struggling to make it work and make it right without any blueprints.
- Oxygen (2021, Netflix Original) – American-French survival thriller film about a woman who wakes up in a cryogenic unit without her memory and she must remember to survive as the oxygen quickly runs out in the meantime.
- The Woman in the Window (2021, Netflix Original) – Psychological thriller movie about an agoraphobic woman living alone in New York and begins spying on her new neighbors, only to witness a disturbing act of violence.
- Ferry (2021, Netflix Original) – Belgian series as Undercover’s spin-off that aired two seasons from 2019 to 2020. It’s about a ruthless man Ferry Bouman, who is sent to his native region of Brabant by his boss Brink to avenge an attack on their gang.
- Move to Heaven Season 1 (Netflix Original) – K-Drama following a young man with Asperger’s syndrome who works for his father’s trauma cleaning business
- Who Killed Sara? Season 2 (Netflix Original) – Mexican thriller series that follows a man who is on finding out who killed his sister Sara after spending 18 years in prison for a crime he did not commit and on getting revenge.
- Special Season 2 (Netflix Original) – American comedy series about “a distinctive and uplifting new series about a gay man, Ryan with mild cerebral palsy who decides to rewrite his identity and finally go after the life he wants.”
- Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Season 3 (Netflix Original) – The next installment of the Netflix original animated series based on Universal’s Jurassic Park/World franchise.
- Army of the Dead (2021) N – A crack team of mercenaries plots a heist during the zombie apocalypse. Directed by Zack Snyder.
- Baggio: The Divine Ponytail (2021, Netflix Original) – An Italian biographical film about Italian footballer Roberto Baggio.
- Eden Season 1 (Netflix Original) – Sci-fi anime that is set 1000s of years later now in the future. There are only robots in the future but after a while, a young human girl suddenly comes into their world.
- The Kominsky Method Season 3 (Netflix Original) – Final season of beloved the American comedy-drama that follows an aging acting coach who, years earlier, had a brief moment of success as an actor.
- Lucifer Season 5B (Netflix Original) – The second part of the anticipated and beloved devil detective series finally returns!