After the release of the Harry & Meghan Netflix documentary, the Royal gossip has expanded beyond its bubble of popularity. It is through moves like Megxit, the Oprah interview, and the multi-million dollar Netflix deal that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have seeped their way into pop culture relevance. As opposed to where it stands now, i.e., in the meme library of Twitter, the debate surrounding Megan Markle, Prince Harry, and the Royal family entails heavy subjects such as that racism and suicide and is meant for serious discussions.
The British press is absolutely determined to convince the British public that the US hates Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Most Americans don't really follow the royal family, and those that do, overwhelmingly like Harry and Meghan. The BLATANT GASLIGHTING is disturbing.
— Anne Boleyn (“Royal Expert") (@TudorChick1501) January 23, 2023
In the past few months, the Royal family has been accused by its own blood of being racist and disrespectful towards Meghan Markle. The documentary also suggests that Markle, when in dire need, was not given proper mental health aid. With the accusations being so far up on the wrong side of the moral scale, one wonders why has the royal family not responded. Is it possible that they are trying to prove that it’s all lies and does not bother them? Liz Garbus definitely thinks so.
Harry & Meghan director accuses the Royal Family of scheming against the documentary
The Harry & Meghan tell-all Netflix documentary’s being well written was not a work of God, but one of talented director Liz Garlus. Garlus, before becoming a part of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s journey of exposing the royal family was known for Love, Marilyn, and What Happened? Miss Simone. The director not only lent her great directing skills to the couple but, in an interview with Vanity Fair, backed them up by saying that the Royal family tried to “discredit” them.
“People are very happy to read everything about Harry and Meghan when it’s somebody else writing about them, But when Harry and Meghan want to tell their story in their own words, it suddenly becomes an issue.” – Liz Garbus #HarryandMeghanNetflix pic.twitter.com/fzP7mFiJea
— Dani APG 🙏🏾 | 🐊 (@ArchLiliHazMeg) January 24, 2023
A disclaimer at the beginning of the docuseries answered the burning question of whether or not the Royal family members know of the content. The disclaimer reads, “Members of the royal family decline to comment on the content within this series,.”
ALSO READ: When 11-Year-Old Meghan Markle Advocated for Women’s Rights by “standing up”
Thus, making it clear that they do know of the content but refrain from commenting on it. However, refraining from making any counter-statements is not the only step the Royal family has taken to make the couple’s statements seem false.
I watched the last two episodes of the Harry and Meghan documentary last night. It sounded like she was scared for her life and Tyler Perry's house became a sanctuary. That's why columns like Jeremy Clarkson's are so dangerous. He wished her harm and meant it. He needs to go.
— Daniela Nadj (@DanielaNadj) January 18, 2023
Garlus says in her interview, “Buckingham Palace said that we didn’t reach out for comment [on the docuseries] when we did.” The director further added, “They did that to discredit us… and by discrediting us, they can discredit the content of the show… We lived through some of those moments that were a little bit like Alice Through The Looking Glass.” All this, topped up with comments made by Prince Harry in his memoir, is not looking good for the Royal family.
ALSO READ: Does the UK Not Want Prince Harry and Meghan Back “at all”? Royal Author Makes Serious Claims
Do you think the Royal family should put out an official statement? Let us know in the comments below.