1 July 2022. This is the historic date when the second volume of season 4 of fan-favorite series Stranger Things hit Netflix’s platform. Almost all of the world was lost in Upside-Down at noon time. It was so heavily watched that the streaming giant faced a crash down. Users on Twitter immediately updated their restlessness and filed complaints about the same. But did you know this is not the first time that Netflix has faced a crash?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? #netflixdown #StrangerThings pic.twitter.com/poRNCUVNTk
— Finn Wenta (@FinnWenta) July 1, 2022
We understand how bad one may feel when something does not go according to plan. For instance, when your university site goes down exactly on the result day because of heavy usage. Or you cannot stream your favorite drama because of the internet or other technical issues. The same thing happened with Netflix users when the site crashed due to heavy usage. However, this has not happened the first time, in case you are worried about your device, connectivity, or subscription.
ALSO READ-Was Splitting Shows Like’ Stranger Things’ a Strategy to Deal With Netflix Subscribers Loss?
Well, let us tell you the significant timelines when the site went down to ease your nerves.
When has Netflix faced a crash before?
Service Outage Alert!!
If the popular OTT platform, Netflix, isn’t working for you or is throwing a connection error, probably you are not the only one. The streaming service is probably going through an outage in some regions of the world. And you are just another victim. Apart from the July 2022 outage, users have been filing their complaints and detecting their problems on Downdetector throughout history.
Is Netflix down right now ? It's only showing loading label but video is not playing. @NetflixIndia #netflixindia #netflixdown pic.twitter.com/Am03WCW1Jt
— Gaurav chandra (@gauravchandra44) December 27, 2021
Netflix has faced other such crashes in the past. Some of the major ones include:
- May 7, 2022: Netflix not working across the US and the UK.
- March 25, 2022: Netflix users reported video streaming issues.
- March 8, 2022: Netflix users had issues with video streaming.
- January 17, 2022: Netflix users had website difficulties.
- December 17, 2021: Users reported issues with streaming on the website.
- December 27, 2021: Users in India report such problems on Twitter.
- November 29, 2021: Users reported issues with the website.
- November 18, 2021: Users reported issues with streaming Netflix.
- November 15, 2021: Netflix website was down.
- October 20, 2021: Netflix website was struggling to display content.
- October 18, 2021: Netflix website was down across the world.
- October 16, 2021: The Netflix website had an unstable connection that lasted nearly a whole day.
- October 15, 2021: Netflix was down overnight, beginning at 10 pm.
- October 14, 2021: Users reported worldwide issues from 3 am until mid-day
- September 4, 2021: Users indicated the Netflix site was not loading
Have you also experienced such outages on the site? Let us know in the comment section below.