Harry and Meghan Need to Be “Smart” Says a Royal Family Experts on Their $100 Million Deal With Netflix

Harry and Meghan Need to Be “Smart” Says a Royal Family Experts on Their $100 Million Deal With Netflix

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are in a vulnerable situation right now as they do not have creative content to provide to Netflix as a part of their $100 million deal. It seems that Harry and Meghan cannot escape the speculations everyone is making about them. Even though they kept a low profile at the Platinum Jubilee, they caught so much attention.

It was their first official trip back to London since their final royal engagement at Westminster Abbey in March 2020. Before they arrived, there were speculations circling them about trying to bring Netflix cameras into the royal lives again. Well, in April, Meghan and Harry traveled to the Netherlands for the Invictus Games. The camera crew of Netflix surrounded them and filmed them. The couple is introducing a new documentary series, “Heart of Invictus”, which is focused on the Games.

Meghan and Harry need to be smart

The Royal Family branding expert, Professor Cele Otnes, talked to Express.co.uk. and said that if the couple were “smart” about the filming, they could give Netflix the previously unseen footage. She also added that it would be particularly important as much of the public has “seen all the stuff already”. Besides, the Duke and Duchess would need to provide something innovative for the audience on the streaming service.

“If they were smart, they have some footage from London and their trips here that Netflix could see,” she commented. She made a point by saying that maybe they haven’t shown just the two of them privately. She expressed her concerns and said, “because my concern with this whole deal they have with Netflix is that in this day and age we have seen all the stuff already,” she adds to the point, “with social media, you can see it ten different ways.”

Also Read: Netflix Wants “Much More For Their Money” From Harry And Meghan, $100 Million Deal “Highly Unlikely” To Be Renewed

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at the Platinum Jubilee

However, Meghan and Harry tried to hide from the cameras they were caught quite a few times mingling around throughout the event. Starting on 2nd June, they caught the eye while chatting with other royals during the Queen’s official birthday parade, Trooping the Colour. They watched the spectacular parade from the Major General’s office at Horse Guards Parade, which kicked off the Jubilee celebrations.

Prince Harry and Meghan were not present among the other royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony. However, their only official engagement of the weekend was when they stepped out at St. Paul’s Cathedral for the service of thanksgiving on 3rd June. They sat next to Prince Harry’s cousin, Princess Eugine, and her husband, Jack Brooksbank. The couple had to maintain a distance from Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge.

Also Read: How the Queen and Palace’s “Cunning” Plan Curbed Meghan and Harry’s “chance to be photographed” With Senior Royals

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex hosted a party in honor of their daughter, Lilibet’s, first birthday during the celebrations. They publicized the photographs of the party that took place at Frogmore Cottage. On Saturday, 4th June, they missed a number of the Platinum Jubilee engagements.

Prince Harry and Meghan appear to be in a lot of mess in their personal as well as professional life.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *