Taylor Swift Addresses the Infamous Kanye West Feud, Says She Had Relocated Post the Phone Call

via Imago
Credits: Imago
For years, the world has wondered what truly unfolded with Taylor Swift after the 2016 infamous Kanye West and Kim Kardashian phone call. While it used to be only one camp sharing their stories, the pop sensation finally opened up about the whole thing. Shortly after being named Time’s Person of the Year, the 33-year-old decided that it was time to share her side of the story.
After years of playing the guessing game of whom to believe and wondering what went wrong, the ‘Love Story’ singer has given the world into what her life looked like after the incident.
Taylor Swift’s revelations about the Kanye West phone call
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Shortly after being named Time’s Person of the Year, Taylor Swift sat down for an interview with the publication. During her conversation, she ended up addressing the supposed phone call that had gone down between her and Kanye West before he released his track, ‘Famous’. In the interview, Swift ended up calling the whole incident a “fully manufactured frame job.”
Taylor Swift tells TIME that she moved to a different country following the infamous phone call with Kanye West:
“You have a fully manufactured frame job, in an illegally recorded phone call, which Kim Kardashian edited and then put out to say to everyone that I was a liar. That… pic.twitter.com/rZ2CmsFQIl
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) December 6, 2023
She also said that the rapper’s now ex-wife, Kim Kardashian, had edited the so-called approval call to claim that the singer “was a liar.” The ‘Red’ singer added that the unsavoury incident had made her push people away and revealed that was “was afraid to get on phone calls.” However, it may have not helped that she ended up moving to “a foreign country.”
While it shed some light on her feud with the rap legend, Swift also ended up addressing the 2009 VMA incident that left the world shaken.
Taylor Swift sheds light on the aftermath of the 2009 VMAs
During the same interview with Time magazine, Taylor Swift also discussed what went down in her career after Kanye West snatched the mic out of her hands at the 2009 VMAs. Although she had already addressed it in one of her previous songs, the singer said that it changed her career. She revealed that “every record label was actively working to try to replace” her.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
Taylor Swift to TIME on the aftermath of the 2009 VMAs:
“I realized every record label was actively working to try to replace me. I thought instead, I’d replace myself first with a new me. It’s harder to hit a moving target.” pic.twitter.com/Vqi3YQfMUN
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) December 6, 2023
She went on to say that was the moment when she decided to “replace” herself with a “new” version of Swift. The singer also added that it was “harder to hit a moving target.” This paved the way for her ‘reputation’ era, which is now beloved by her multitude of fans.
ADVERTISEMENT
Article continues below this ad
What do you think about Taylor Swift addressing the feud with Kanye West? Let us know in the comments below.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
More from Netflix Junkie on Music News
ADVERTISEMENT