Here are all the Netflix originals which have been removed from the streaming service, rather ironically as they are usually meant to stay.
As we all know, a huge part of Netflix’s success comes from its original content, with which it attracts many people to the popular streaming service. To illustrate, the most prominent examples of this include Stranger Things, The Witcher, Bojack Horseman, and more. Not only including its original content, but Netflix also finds ways to add more series and movies from outside to its huge library. This way, the platform grows insatiably and consistently.
Anyways, as we said, a big factor contributing to this success is Netflix‘s original content. For Netflix produces them itself, people usually do not expect those productions to leave the streaming platform, but we see some exceptions to this. Without further ado, we listed all the Netflix Originals removed from the streaming service in 2021, as of April 5th below.
A French comedy movie that released back in 2018, Blockbuster was not necessarily a good hit, despite its name which would suggest otherwise. It tells of a man’s story, in which he tries to get his girlfriend, who dumped him over a video he made to entertain his dad, back. The movie stars Syrus Shadidi, Charlotte Gabris, and Tom Hygreck, who also wrote and directed the movie. There’s a page of Blockbuster on Netflix right now, but it is not available to watch at the moment.
Knights of Sidonia (2014)
A Netflix original anime series, Knights of Sidonia has left the popular streaming service for many different times up until now. This too has a Netflix page that does not allow users to watch the anime. It was the first original anime on Netflix. Knights of Sidonia is an adaptation of a manga of the same name. The manga about an “under-dweller” whose goal is to protect a gigantic spaceship, Sidonia, against the aliens. The anime has some good sci-fi elements, and it seems like a good space drama to watch. The trailer is below.
The 4th Company (2016)
The 4th Company is a critically-acclaimed Spanish crime/action movie, starring Adrian Ladron. Mitzi Vanessa Arreola and Amir Galván Cervera direct The 4th Company. Netflix removed the movie from the service in April 2021. They had released The 4th Company back in March 2016. You can check out the trailer below.
Netflix Originals Removed from Netflix
- The Killing (Seasons 1-4) – Removed August 2018
- River (Season 1) – Removed October 2019
- Estocolmo (Season 1) – Removed November 2019
- Happy Valley (Seasons 1-2) – Removed March 2020
- Chewing Gum (Seasons 1-2) – Removed April 2020
- Slasher (Seasons 1-3) – Removed April 2020
- Case (Season 1) – Removed May 2020
- Cannabis (TV Series) – Removed June 2020
- Hotel Beau Séjour – Removed June 2020
- NSU German History X (Limited Series) – Removed July 2020
- Russell Peters: Notorious – Removed October 2020
- Russell Peters vs. The World – Removed October 2020
- Nobel – Norwegian – Removed November 2020
- Four Seasons in Havana – Removed December 2020
- Merlí – Catalan – Removed December 2020
- Pacific Heat (Season 1) – Removed December 2020
- Blockbuster – French – Removed January 2021
- Knights of Sidonia – Removed January 2021
- The 4th Company (2016)